Subscribe

Monday, April 27, 2015

Prayer Coins and I ate it up yum

Several people said sunlight was in all three pics but I can assure you there was very little sunlight this day.
My plan to dry my stuff out from the day/night before backfired as behind me is a window facing the one you see and between and thru came a constant mist. You must be able to expand the pic but the coins are on the sil. That shelter is on top of Blood Mountain. I found its story interesting.
No one stayed in it while I found a great lil nook for my tent.
While my feeble attempt to dry my gear failed a young Charlie from England stopped in to say cheerio and offer me some jelly beans. Bloody nice chap. I declined and ten minutes later he said his stomach was upset from the sugar and marched off. 
So back to the coins:
I've been depositing them in hopes they might encourage folks along the way. They're light and all wood no ink so I don't think I'm in serious violation of the leave no trace rule. Especially finding everything from Bibles to small spent beer kegs to needle casings at shelters.
You see the scripture on one side, the other is the church website. Now that it looks like this hike may be a going concern, my knees are holding up fine and body is adjusting, I will draw up a description for the website. If someone enters and sees the coin they will have the opportunity to join a Bible study either on line or by mail. Sister Pat T will take care of those choosing mail using the World Bible School curriculum she has been administering to thousands over the past 15 yrs. Pretty cool huh?
The ziti n sauce; picked up every last piece and dogged it yo!
Critters:
Literally crossed paths with this lil bad boy on day 3. I waited till now cuz I didn't want to freak the kin. Yes Steve its a moving stick. Otherwise known as a Black Rat Snake. Factoid #1 (sorry I won't use that hackneyed term again). This snake is very common in Georgia. It's a non venomous constrictor. So if I got too close he might have bent his fangs on my leg and tried to make my toes numb. Farmers love them. He came up to and crossed the trail before the phone booted up for a video n pic. On the trail he stopped, raised his head, smiled and said "yall ssssssseen a mousssse rollin up in here ssssssir, I sssssure issss hungry and sssssssware I sssssmell one"  then just as politely he moved along.
Speaking of kin, you may have noticed another reason for the blog so far; posterity. (Look it up Jeff it has nothing to do w Andreas lower back.) So anyway from time to time I will share a personal story that someday might entertain my grandkids. I will allow you to read it or skip it. 
Anyway, the hick, the chainsaw and the toilet paper.
The family sells the mobile home after 6 yrs (25x10.5 w addition) making just enough for down payment on a 3 acre wooded lot to build log home in boonies. Yours truly has Husqvarna model 51 chain saw w 18 inch bar. The family drops me off to run errands planning to return in a couple hours. A half hour in Im limbing and trimming downed trees. Bamb, really just felt it bang off my knee not thinking much of it. Few minutes later I feel warmth running down my leg, look down and yeah...gash in pants gash in knee. I had at times been camping at the lot and no there was no first aid kit. Buuuut I did have a roll of toilet paper. Couple hours later my wife at the time is trying not to admit she knows me as the ER Dr starts asking his questions while unrolling half a roll from my leg.
What about the uglier scar above it? No lie, several years later, within inches of the same spot of land doing the same exact thing, bam! Only this time yours truly by this time was enrolled in? That's right a high deductible health plan. Hence no stitches no ER no Dr questions just ugly (or beautiful) scar. It got infected. Thanks to copious amounts of hydrogen peroxide, TLC from a dear friend and my introduction to (cloudy) Apple cider vinegar, a very old Indian cure all, no more blood infection.
If you mouth the words "I trust you" while anxiously trying to make things go your way, your words ring hollow.
Nite nite

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. " Couple hours later my wife at the time is trying not to admit she knows me.." Ahahahaha that's funny mannnn

    ReplyDelete