Subscribe

Saturday, May 2, 2015

Gatlinburg TN

Fact in Your Face #1, The most visited National Park in the US. Loaded with very poorly marked trails but the most diverse flora and beautiful landscapes. Unfortunately the only sunny day was leaving Fontana, then overcast turned to rain, rain to hail and by Clingmans Dome hail to snow.
That's Fontana Lake.
That's Deja Vu at Fontana Hilton. I'm pretty sure I've been playin leap frog w him since day 3. One can never be too sure with a name like that right? He's from Boston.
Henceforth to be called Pine Corn.
Fontana Lake.
It Fontana Dam!!!
Remember the Pugapeed of Georgia? Of course you do, what could be more important. This is North Carolinas version. Either a yellow jacket bee tried to mate w the Pugapeed of Georgia 14.5 quadrillion years ago or God created this one to distinguish state borders Cuz I saw none before NC. Anyway, I got into a serious foot race w this one. We met at the top of a rocky summit. He said "lets race down to the gap". "You go first lil guy" I said. No lie, within minutes it started raining. That's not a lie cuz I don't think I've seen one 24 hr period in 22 days without it. So it starts rainin. Yellow jacket rolls over and takes off. He's kickin my butt for 2 miles and 2 hours down the Mtn. Then, I caught him and haven't seen him since, as he stopped to stretch....his legs....one by one. Every word after stretch was for you, you know who. Haha
Don't ask prof Google, what's that?
Missin u Carl! There's so many ways to categorize people I know. But one is in two, those who look for reasons to say "no, can't do it..." vs those that say "yes" then look for ways to make it happen.
Be the latter. 




3 comments:

  1. Hi Uncle Jimmy! Those lake pics are awesome. Good thing for all the rain, free showers! Marissa beat me to the flower, I say lady slipper too. Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete