Subscribe

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Faithful Friend(s)

Jade was definitely a God send. I Moved onto camp Sept 2010 by Oct my friend Ellen said her sis in Buffalo had rescued a dog she thought was a boxer. Ellen knows boxers are my fav. The previous owner had increasingly long work days  sometimes crating her up to 10.5 hrs! All the answers to the questions of eye contact, soft bite, tail wagging, reaching into food bowl etc came back positive and proved positive as Jade has gone on to make literally thousands of friends since. Pit, boxer and lab mixed with a beautiful nature made for my greatest ambassador. Within a couple weeks my now best friend on the Lake Marylou asked if she could adopt MY dog. I said we could share which worked out perfectly since I worked long hours, spent many away from Camp and quickly grew tired of trying to squeeze Jade into a 1ft corner of my bed. A year later, still relatively new to the Lake community, while working on a dam project neighbors were asking Lou who the guy in the green shirt was, "that's Jade's Dad". Jade had already made more friends being the lil socialite that she is.
Leaving a week from today, she presents herself with a bit of a whine. I get a sense she has gotten a sense? No doubt she would love to tag along and perhaps if I make it up around these parts in Aug she will for a while. In the meantime she will continue to enjoy her 1,000 acres on a 123 acre lake. Meeting and making new and more friends while putting to rest those ridiculous dogcriminating pitbullist comments as she plays with her bestest friend Buttercup!

1 comment: