Subscribe

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Hmmm Seems like a nice guy...

Day 6 all is going so far so good as my body starts adjusting to the brutal assault of hiking up and down mountains all day. Ya know one could go to Maine n back in 6 mo's if they had zip lines on the down hills.
That's a shelter, look thru n u can see my tent. Jimmy loves his tent. Jimmy doesn't care for the shelter, too crowded, noisy and any person, ant, mouse, mosquito, tick, flea, snake or yet another smelly hiker can waltz in at any minute.
Now here's where I make all the ladies jealous.
There's several things to point out here. #1 I do not shave my legs I don't have to and there's a reason. #2 I'm pointing to the sorest part of my leg aside from the top of my calf. The slightest pin prick yea even so much as a mosquito bite and it would POP. From it would ooze 3 cups of lactic acid. Ewwwwwww That which makes muscles sore and can only be dissipated with fluid, stretching and sprinting. The latter is out. As far as fluid my pee has gone from Orange juice to Mountain Dew to weak lemonade to finally clear today. I always forget to stretch and am reminded each morning as it takes no small amount of effort to stand upright. #3 which gets back to #1. You may not be able to see them well but there are two distinct chainsaw scars on that knee. (redneck chainsaw toilet paper story for another day) anyway the chain saw bounced off my knee, proving point #1 hair doth not growth on steel. Ergo no hair on leg.
So this guy comes up with his two teenage daughters and a teenage boy. He is likin my tent, likin my solar charger and definitely likin my water filter. Hmmm seems like a nice guy.....then says "oh man I could NEVER thru hike the trail I'm way too old now." "Really" I said, "just how old are you?" He smiles and says "I'm 52". I don't think what he saw cross my face was that bright and shiny Jesus look.
You'd think the hardest part was placing the rock. No, I had the hardest time getting it between the trees on the left.
So I know some are enjoying the devos I will catch u up soon they've been scary appropriate for me but it's dark now and the pics won't work. Tonight I'm at Sheep Rock Top 42 miles from Springer.
Finally, I used three movie/sitcom quotes did you spot them?


5 comments:

  1. no no no nooooo, not jealous, same condition except for the steel part, and, oh gee, thanks for the urinalysis, I think? haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmmmm. You've now been on the trail long enough that social skills are optional. Thanks for the visuals - real and imagined.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks nice, tent is most definitely the way to go. I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasaassste mosquitoes

    ReplyDelete