Subscribe

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

What a differnce a day makes

What a difference a day makes
Somebody should write a song about that.
Just 24 lil hours and it went from torrential downpours climbing the 5,000ft Standing Indian Mtn to 60 and Sunny the next.
Couple things leftover from Georgia:
Apparently one thing Georgia is known for is red clay. I don't know bout u but that looks more like orange but perhaps that's one too many syllables, jk Georgia u know I luv Ya. Although the way they say rayyed sounds like 2 syllables, anyway.
It's no wonder Florida won out on being called the Sunshine State as it rained 15 out of the last 10 days in Georgia. How 15 out of 10 you say? Cuz it rained enough for 2 days 3 times. Above is one of a bazillion mud slides along the trail. Ain't seen no Georgia Peaches neither.
Nature's Springing!
Above in this pic is the most common plant along the trail. It's name is purpolous e greenous mottilous leafus.
Below it is not what you think. It's a mushroom. It's called fungus dungus. I'm sure my friend and neighbor Ivy who taught Louis n Clark, Daniel Boone and Davy Crockett could tell you the non Latin common name. She sent me along with a large supply of Chaga mushroom for making tea. Ask Prof Google about Chaga. She learned from her D.O.D.. 
Fun Fact #1 (don't worry I won't use that trite cliche ever again) If harvested from any other tree besides the Birch, the famous Indian Chaga is poisonous. That wud make for a great headstone huh? Here lies Jim Buker, Poisoned by Ivy.
Remember I told u about Kevin getting bit by a rodent in the shelter?
That's him now. I don't know him well enough to suggest seeing a Dr as his appearance seems to be changing. Ya never know, he could become Ratman! Look what happened to Peter Parker & Dr. Banner right? Could happen. Kevin's trail name is Thunder. Strange Cuz he is very quiet and unassuming. I gues I'd rather not see nor smell how he got the name.
Have you ever played those mystery search & find games on ur smartphone? I used to. No time for even trivia crack these days. Anywho, there's one thing in common with the next three  pics. Not easy.
Find em?
In closing: I can feel my belly button inching toward my spine. I fear at this rate by mid June they will be touching....
I can't believe u just thought of an Ethiopian child, that's terrible, stop already, you should be ashamed! I don't even think that's legal today (1984).
"Let my light shine in you, don't dim it with worries and fears" Good stuff.

6 comments:

  1. The sun is shining in all three?

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first I thought the same thing as Marissa, but I think those wooden coins may be hidden in the three pictures. Hard to detect in the last 2 because of the size of the picture, so not sure??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found the prayer coins in all but the last picture! I love my new glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found the prayer coins in all but the last picture! I love my new glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doin a great job Jim, love the entries and the pics are awesome. Hope I can use some for painting. All better doin dishes, chopping ham and singing "Bless The Lord O My Soul"!!

    ReplyDelete