Subscribe

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Are those spots without snow?!

Only the rugged remnant use these boxes through the Winter. Celebration's in order this Memorial Day!
Two weeks away and training hikes are going well. Goal is to hit Springer Mountain at 8 miles daily for a week then gradually increase. Most ask about training: among the 4 books and thruhikers I've met its debatable how much will actually lead to success vs the will. I'm as concerned about the downhills on my knees while planning to spend much time on them. "Going with a group?" Yes and no. Hundreds are venturing as I write but I don't know any, yet. And about being alone? Haven't been in 26 years even while living alone for over 10.

2 comments:

  1. James, Jim , jimmy..lol! ….when I heard you were doing this, I said “what the ?!!” …but then I thought nope that is totally up his alley, I know how much you love living off the grid, so this journey of yours will suit you just find. Not to many people can say they did it or at least tried doing it, so for that I commend you. I hope you much safety and courage on your adventure. I hope you have some fun along the way and many many stories to tell when you get back or as you go along. I hope you get to reflect on your past, present and future and this journey is the best time of your life. Always be yourself and don’t care what others think.. Much love & strength always Teresa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How ridiculously sweet are you? I hope you "subscribe". I hope to post regularly with pics. Look how many times you said Hope, powerful stuff. God willing, encouragement like yours, my knees and lots o prayer...muah!

    ReplyDelete