Subscribe

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Big Butt Mountain!

LThe No lie look at this page from the AWOL Guide, very bottom:
I soooo wanted to tell you today that I camped right on top of it last night. But I can't. Oh I climbed the big butt alright, only to find no place to put a tent it was all rocks and lumpy. Furthermore I was surprised to find only one summit vs two! Alas I hiked further and camped elsewhere. Where by the way my shuper shecret Shtar Walk app showed me the first two huge bright shtarsh I shaw  in the shouthwessht shky  were Jupiter and Venush. If u don't have the Starwalk app, it's free yo. 
Along the path I spotted this baby, biggest one I've ever seen and for a moment I questioned whether he was gonna move or attack as in that British Documentary about the Holy Grail???
Yeah that ones not so easy but once you do find it eyoweee!
Soooo, story has it that way back in the 40's not too long after the trail was completed, a certain man hiked until he came upon this tree. He left the trail immediately an invented that which is pretty much mans second best friend??? The woman can only use it when the man is away like golfing. Good luck on this one.
In Georgia, otherwise pronounced joegia and ever since I've been watching these things grow:
The ground is covered with them. Until today I thought they were just some weed. No sir, check it out:
They're all flowers. Oh and those that guessed Lady Slipper to the other were correctamundo. What my sister Karen pointed out also is that it's an Orchid. Learn something new every day as D.O.D. would say.
Here's the view from Howard's Rock:
Dig, is this not the job for Sparky?
Looks like this:
I finally finished watching Superman, Man of Steel. It was probably the 4th time and each time I find more biblical symbolism. Come to find out there are quite a few and all deliberate. http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/06/14/man-steel-filled-with-jesus-christianity-references/
I'm now pecking away at Monumental (not monument men). It's a great little documentary by Kirk Cameron re the Puritans (pilgrims, separatists). Unbelievable what they were made of. And while most flock like lemmings to see the rock, there's a huge hidden statue they built in Plymouth now buried at the end of a suburban neighborhood nobody ever visits. 
Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Word




2 comments: