Subscribe

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Smokys are history.

 The Smokys were very good and very bad, actually the best and worst so far. I'll share the bad later, it's finally turning funny.
Tomorrow is Day 28. Couple of milestones; I'm at mile 247 which is more than 10% of trek. They say by 28 the body is pretty much acclimated. Not to sure about that. Every morning my body still says: "hey Shparky, Whatya shay we do shomethin different today?" Yes it's got a lisp, it's got cracks, holes, scars, bruises and sore ankles, knees, but less baby fat. I've only had one zero day. The day after the night I will explain another day.
Want to know what that lil flower looks like times a million?
That's actually a protected area. The bigger fear down hear isn't bears as much as wild boar and we're pretty sure one ran thru camp the other night.
The poor little oxymorons don't have enough brains to traverse this simple bridge:
So I'm still getting so many encouraging messages: Instant Msges, Facebook, txt,  emails n blogs. Ty so much. It's been so inspirational that I decided to write a song just for you! It goes like this and I thought a lot about the tune and chose "On Top of Ole Smoky". And a 1 and a 2 and a 1,2,3 and a 4 and a 5,and a 6,7,8. (Did u really read that? U probly read what my body said w a lishp too huh?)
Here goes: u must sing it or u won't smile.
On top of Ole Smoky
All covered with sweat, 
Walked into a shelter
And they told me to get,
So I went to go camping
And set up my tent
All alone by myself and
So glad it has vents
When I'm trying to sleep dear
In a mummy sleeping bag
My legs stick together
It becomes quite a drag, 
So someday now soon dear
A shower I'll take 
Before I see family
And they choke on my shtank.
Ja like it? I hope u sang it otherwise ur not smiling as much as those who sang it. Go back.
My friend Debbie I/M me the other day saying the devo was exactly what she needed to read that day.  It's been crazy how much they rhyme with the time.
Be thankful. 
Ni ni



3 comments:

  1. Here's one for you to sing, same tune, but you'd better stay in pitch!! :-p

    And Sparky's so clever
    With his parody
    But now we're all subject
    To his comedy

    ReplyDelete
  2. He rolled down the mountain
    Got covered with mud
    And then our friend Sparky
    When searching for sud(s)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I read it with a lishp. Yup I counted in the song. And once again your devotional was exactly what I needed to start my morning. Praying for you my friend ❤️😘

    ReplyDelete