Subscribe

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Closing in on Virginia!

North Carolina is history, the trail weaves back and forth across Tennessee which too shall end in about 60 miles or 5 days. I've got a bunch of pics to share from both. 
First of all, Scotty, Scotty Boy, Scotty Doo and my personal fav Scotty brand bathroom tissue, are ya still readin the blog buddy? Look at what your ole buddy Jim found! 
Can you believe it? Your old Ford with the fin on top to keep the front end on the road when you raced from Longmeadow to Springfield. Boy oh boy what were the odds? Good ole boys down here have taken real good care of her. My boys in Monson and Huntington would've been real proud. Bet Longmeadow was happy to see it go though huh? 
Now I know your still trying to figure out how to respond on blog so I will just go ahead and share the funniest thing you ever said.
Scott and I worked together in that crazy, zany, rock star world of health insurance for several years. One day, Scotty's dreams came true when I was placed in a cube right next to his! Oh boy those were the days huh my friend? 
For a couple years anyway we're sitting there pluggin away,  makin all the business owners happy by raising either premiums, co pays, deductibles or all of the above. Of course there's the playfull banter, when one day Scotty says: "hey Jim, can I ask you a question?" "Sure Scotty boy" I said, "what's your question?"
"Jim.....why do you even talk?" Oh man was that the right/wrong thing to say. Hilarious. Anyway Scotty, you're a good man, faithful husband, loving father, not as good a golfer and good for the check every other time at Chef Wayne's. You can't get me now cuz I said all those nice things. 
If I insert a pic twice, sorry.
I know I did trillium but this one's painted.
Another piece of gristle gum, yum yum.
My grandson Gavin, not on the trail but I knew you'd want to see his pic.
Hey Vu, how about I make you some Marsala sauce to add to your dinner?
I chose not to linger.
Denise saw the killer rabbit. Marissa spotted the toad and referenced a classic scene in a classic movie (most popular soundtrack ever sold) based on a classic book that nobody else got. But nobody guessed either the Pliskin reference nor that invention based on this tree:
The escapee was "snake" Pliskin. Kurt Russell Escape from New York including Raquel Welch's official replacement Adrienne "Barb"eau and Donald Plesence played the president who some years later played the doctor of what well known villain???
The tree inspired the Barkolounger! (BarcaLounger) Look at it, it's perfect.
That's Mica. Fact in your face #2: North Carolina is the worlds leading producer of mica. No Dave S it's not used to make that which you "sing" into that no one else would ever dare to! JK man you know I, well, that, I, um, know ya.
What's that you ask?
Nasty critter yo.
My legs are not the only thing getting stronger! Look at my face, made especially for all those corny people who insist on taking the same corny pic like holding up the leaning tower of Piza.
Speaking of pizza, hiker hunger is definitely setting in. Besides pizza, when entering a town to pick up re supply, I always ask who makes the best burger. Check this bad boy out:
Quarter pounder with cheese, chili, ham, cole slaw, pickles, mustard, mayo, lettuce, tomato and onion! That baby was so bad I had to stand it up on the plate and bring my head/mouth down to it while holding on with both hands. Shhhhuuummp! 6 inch wide hose strikes again.
Ok gotta go, perhaps next time we can talk and learn about privys!
Luv luv luv









1 comment:

  1. I'm surprised you can even own that truck in Longmeadow.

    ReplyDelete