Subscribe

Monday, September 21, 2015

A Fungus Amongus

Have you ever felt like things are movin just too fast? Where has the time gone and where's it going? Ahhhhhh just to take a deep relaxing breath to drink in the moment. Walking along a 1 mile stretch of road between Norwich Vt over the Ct River to Hanover NH (home of Dartmouth) I couldn't help but feel the tension amongst the hundreds of commuters inbetwwen traffic lights as I realized it won't be long for me now as this sabbatical's end draws near.
Something's take time.
Scout is fascinated by snakes and mushrooms. We've seen enough snakes but I've been savin up on shrooms since NC.
I actually got a shuttle ride from a young man in Virginia who admitted being in a mushroom club, this country has something for everyone.
They are interesting and varied for sure:
I went on line to learn the Smithsonian has the best guide to mushrooms including testing for consumption. This one looks like a pancake:
Or snicker doodle:
A bouquet
Hen of the woods?


A mushroom anemone 


Something's been nibbling:



One wonders what natural cures might be stored within:
Caulimush
I hope that doesn't itch
Such variety
Mushroom birdbath


Tree coral
Remember Chaga from early post? It worked for me in PA in tea. Only good from birch. Ask prof Google:
This one tree
Was for some reason more attractive as they crawled all the way up
More Hen of the woods?
My brother Mike B taught me about the Artist Mushroom about 5 yrs agp. AKA the Mushroom Conk on the top becomes dark and hard by October.
While underneath is a thin veneer of white. 
Using the right instruments, given the time, inspiration and talent, take a look at a sample of Mike's work:
Looking forward to breakfast soon Mike! Oh yeah bring on the bacon!








No comments:

Post a Comment