Subscribe

Monday, June 22, 2015

Bet you never saw one of these!!!

A real live, black, backward bowling and rolling, Dung Beetle! Yep that's a big fat piece of poop and he loves it and eats it and covets it and rolls it and broods in it and lives with it! 
According to wiki???...Dung beetles are currently the only known animal to navigate and orient themselves using the Milky Way.
Probably second only to Katahdin, McAfee Knob is a most photographed and featured AT site.
Wanna see a cartwheel?
Okay....
Oooooooohhhhhh!!!! Jk, how cud I be writing this if I did it that way ya knuckleface?
Tada:
How about the totally original never been done before first time ever preparing for a swan dive pose?
How about 27 more pics of McAfees Knob? Naaaa just one more from it:
This is called Fire Pink and it has 5 "snake tongue" petals.
This one is called Turks Cap Lily:

Hey "Professor" Keebler! I'm starvin out here why don't you bring me some of those cookies you been bragging about all these years!
Aaaahhh hellooo!!! I know you can hear me! Send a couple of your so called "elves" out here before I come in there and start poppin heads like those little alien mushrooms (accidentally left behind in future days past by a crew member of the starship "Enterprise" after before a visit to the Andromeda sector) that pfffft a yellow smoke when you step on them..
Last chance pal or I'm callin the Dept of Labor to check out whatever the heck ur doin in there:
Smooth move, Dept of Labor got ur attention didn't it?! Freaky man.
Speaking of mushrooms, check out this mighty mushroom, with a little panache sporting a lil handle bar moustach:
Seen enough for today? I don't think so. Again, 2 places at once. 
That pic was taken by a thruhiker I saw for 5 minutes and likely never again, his name is Diesel, he started like May yesterday and never stops. I've been running into (being passed is more like it) many who started in May and are doing upwards of 25 miles daily! That's crazy but different strokes for different folks I guess. Like D.O.D. would say "that's why Friendly's makes 28 flavor a of ice cream, we don't all like vanilla." I guess he said Howard Johnsons to my older sisters but I don't even know what that is. Haha
So there are many people with various reasons for being out here, I have several myself. A friend named Gail who I worked with on a Domestic Violence Awareness project(it's rampant in the Hilltowns) a couple years ago has a brother who thru hiked the AT and described it as "hiking with God". That's definitely one reason:
"Maintain a listening attitude". That's easier said than done isn't it.







1 comment: