Subscribe

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Who's Bright Idea Was This?

I am a magnet for lunatics. When asked "why" I really had to think.
After the fifteenth time she asked I thought to myself, to put the greatest distance between myself and this conversation!
On April 8th, "good Lord willing and the creek don't rise" as my dear ole dad would say, I will land at Atlanta airport at 12:30 pm and start out from Springer Mountain a couple hours later to begin a Northbound trek of the Appalachian Trail (AT).
No one ever really knows if they will succeed. One might last 6 days, 6 weeks, or 6 months, we'll see.
For spirit, mind, and body. With a little mission and ministry thrown in for good measure.
With who? My 3 closest, crazy, lunatic friends; me, myself and I.

4 comments:

  1. Hey, Sparky! Best wishes on your journey. May the force be with you. By force, I mean the power of the almighty Lord. Be safe! -Jazz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pray for strength of your mind and body as you begin your journey. Let your light shine, Sparky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's to adventure! You can do it Sparky!! May God be with you every step of the way

    ReplyDelete