Subscribe

Thursday, August 27, 2015

I Love New York!

And you thought I was gonna say "gee someone should write a song about that." And look, I did!
Yet again, in two places at once:
New York was wonderful. Hats off and kudos to all the volunteers, ATC, Parks folks etc it was great. The signage and marking were so good that in one section someone painted the tops of the "toe bangers"
So well marked I did at least 3 night hikes. Bear Mtn had huge stone steps up and down to this summit:
Now ya gotta think about this one. I'm coming down and spot her:
A few minutes later, crossing a driveway, spot this scene, and the mom is frantically looking for???? Look closely at the daughter now. 
That's right! The camera. Imagine that. Hilarious: "ahhhhh Kim, u rait right there, DOE MOO I get camwa, Kiiiim RAIT!" Imagine if momma, that mom, did not actually have camwa?
Look at this place, Bear Mtn Inn by the time I walked down:
And here's the inn during the day, imagine the history:
If ur thinking I stayed there, you're mistaken. I did stay at a place that my resupply was mailed to. Now remember how funny yall thought it was when the cow ate my favorite bandana for bfast? Well as I'm heading into this nice lil motel I spot the hiker box a common repository of unwanted items found at virtually all hostels, hotels etc in towns along the AT. For the first time tho, in this box amongst all the ramen noodles, zip lock bags of oats, etc are gift bags tied with lil ribbons, hmmm that's a first. Not all identical one catches my eye:
See why this one caught my eye?
If it wasn't Sparky my trail name would be Even Steven. Oh, speaking of Ramen Noodles, I eat two packs weekly. Waaaaaaay back at Neil's Gap in Ga, a hiker says all Ramen Noodle packs are the same:
Same in that the flavor pack, ready?, is....and yes I use punctuation...any way I want, still ready?...found on the label front side, it's true:
See how educational and valuable this blog is? You're welcome. Here's a lil more education for ya; bunch of comments about my gut before leaving. FYI the man in the mirror is performing one half of an award winning (literally) pose called "In the water":
The other half of the pose is called "On the beach"
Which should not be confused with a pose being worked on for a mid October release, I'm calling it "Hunger Games"
Oh that's so terrible! I'm covered:
New York had some beautiful, quiet places:
NY also wants us to know, it too has a sense of humor:
NY is full of surprises:
Ya never know what you'll find on top of the next hill like this log book inside the mail box:
Cool stuff:
Nice sights:
Perty views:
A big tree:
Another big snake:
A big walkway thru a big shwamp:
A little lending library outside a little shelter:
Which also had 2 free Nike Dri-Fits just like mine and Bri's:
And a little bridge made with big logs:
Wait till you hear about Ct! It's A Wonderful Life (hint):





























1 comment: