Subscribe

Monday, July 27, 2015

Viewer Discretion Advised

That title is a marketing tool, like "repeat" on a bottle of shampoo. Viewers will definitely view now though I can safely say, you were duly warned as some scenes may be objectionable. 
Alas poor Yorek, I knew him well. Well enough to warn him in advance: "share a morsel once in a while, tone down the sarcasm....." He didn't heed:
Even No Shame, felt none:
Some critters are cool though we never know what's locked inside those spikes waiting to be injected:
Sometimes you know the critter isn't poisonous though cloaked:
In case u can't expand it, there's a wee black rat snake peaking his ugly lil face out to say sssssteer clear. Then sometimes cloaking and stealth are cast to the wind and all is left to hang out:
I'd say that's a good 8 footer.
Sometimes the critter reminds us of A Bugs Life:
Sometimes we're creeped out as they look in at us with glowing eyes:
Then there are times when they at some point got into the gear and for whatever reason suddenly decide to introduce themselves:
I couldn't believe what I saw gripping my leg! I couldn't wait long enough to take a quality pic with it on my leg which I understand some may be having a hard time ripping your gaze away from so here's a better shot:
I didn't realize the trail came so close to nuclear power plants. Nor can I imagine why one friend was already talked out of spending a night in the woods by her hubby knowing his wife's fear of bugs:
While 9 nights of 10 I'm in the woods. Occasionally I must seek accommodations in order to re supply and shower:
Now again, as some undoubtedly are transfixed by the hairy stick man, try to tear ur gaze away to view the shower stall over Sparky's shoulder. It was hot with good pressure despite an occasional drip from the shower on the floor above. I knew going in that The Doyle Hotel at over 100 yrs old and only $25 should not be one to get expectations up on. Honestly, no man (or woman acting like one) thru hiking the AT would know the full experience without a night at the famous Doyle.
Hand painted oil! As one young thru hiker said the next day: "I think I'm gonna move my medical check up planned for the end of the hike to next week."
There's more to that story for another day. For now, remember the warning. Yesterday I'm walking on a lil trail from shelter lunch to privy after and this guy suddenly backs up off the trail and coils:
Instead of rattling he hissed an encouragement to get one step closer....not. Nevertheless it improved my privy experience exponentially.
Then today, another flees the trail leaving himself sprawled in reeds without the ability to coil, he did share the cute toddler toy rattle:
Karen told me DOD had another saying: "that left teeth marks on my heart" they make me cuss too. Those are Timber Rattlers, NY says the largest most venomous, don't stop praying thanks.

Last warning. 

Story has it that after the last Muppets Movie, the flop a couple years ago, the cast was sent for a retreat to hike the AT. They couldn't take the two funniest old men in the balcony which unfortunately for them left them without comic relief, an absolute essential item. Apparently after a couple weeks, after hiker hunger had totally set in and rations were low Kermit woke up on the wrong side of the tent (Grouchy you might say) with an overwhelming craving for all things ham, bacon and pork:
Sweet dreams my friends.
Muahahaha














1 comment:

  1. Poor Miss Piggy! This post...disturbing but funny Stay safe

    ReplyDelete